Position: Vice President, Business Development – Commercial & Industrial
Location: New York City
Energy storage is the key to unlocking a future where our world is wholly powered by renewable resources. At Convergent Energy + Power our mission is to make the electrical grid cleaner, more reliable, and less expensive by leveraging state-of-the-art energy storage and distributed generation technologies. We are seeking a Vice President of Business Development to help us build a portfolio of projects serving commercial and industrial clients.
The Vice President will have successfully originated and closed complex deals with large electricity consumers. The candidate for this position needs to be organized and numerate, have a broad understanding of industrial and manufacturing operations, know how to manage a complex sale, listen well, and handle complexity gracefully and with a level head.
- Handling all phases of the sales process, from lead identification and cold calling, to crafting a compelling proposal; from qualifying prospects to negotiating and closing deals.
- Support our current deal pipeline by helping to negotiate and close deals in advanced stages.
- Present deals to senior management and prepare materials for review by our investment committee.
- Be willing to travel, show up unannounced, knock on doors, work the phone, and demonstrate persistence, all while building rapport and leaving a strong impression.
- Work obsessively within our CRM system.
- Regularly coordinate with remote teams to ensure alignment.
- Have a strong understanding of distributed generation, commercial and industrial electrical systems, or engineering concepts related to industrial processes.
- Demonstrable experience managing a complex sales cycle resulting in a signed contract.
- Strong negotiation skills and commercial acumen.
- Be prepared to talk through a detailed list of deals that you have originated, negotiated, and closed (could be in any industry).
- Must be an extraordinary listener.
- Experienced with CRM systems.
- Excellent writing and graphic design skills.
- Must have strong Excel skills and be willing to dive into models to ensure you fully grasp our value proposition.
Competitive base salary and benefits package with uncapped upside commission structure.