Head of People
Location: New York City
Convergent is recruiting a full-time Head of People to lead the firm’s human resources, and training and development functions. We are seeking candidates with extensive experience working within human resources, with a proven track record of building an HR function from the ground up, and with a demonstrated commitment to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in a corporate environment.
As the Head of People, you will be responsible for the firm’s entire human resource function, report directly to the CEO, and will work closely with the C-suite and senior management team to build an HR function that supports the firm’s overall strategy and its team. Interested applicants should email a formal cover letter and a one-page resume to Ren Gaffney, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not submit materials through LinkedIn.
About Convergent Energy + Power
Energy storage is the key to unlocking a future where our world is wholly powered by renewable resources. At Convergent Energy + Power our mission is to make the electrical grid cleaner, more reliable, and less expensive by leveraging state-of-the-art energy storage and distributed generation technologies. Founded in 2011, Convergent Energy + Power is the leading independent developer of energy storage focused solutions. The Convergent team is a talented and dedicated group made up of people who are genuinely excited by the opportunity to create value for our customers as well as make a difference in the world. Team members come from diverse backgrounds, but share a number of qualities including curiosity, humility, integrity, and a drive for excellence. Learn more at www.convergentep.com.
- Develop and design overall human resource strategy across the firm to meet business needs
- Spearhead the firm’s diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts, in furtherance of our goals to be an industry leader, and in close collaboration with executive and senior management
- Oversee the recruitment, promotions, and terminations process for the entire workforce
- Design and oversee performance management
- Bridge management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances, or other issues
- Ensure employment and regulatory compliance, in collaboration with the legal team
- Handle compensation and benefits administration
- Design and implement suitable employee development and training programs to meet business needs
- Ensure employee safety and wellness
- Develop human resource and communication policies
- Develop and maintain human resource systems
Our ideal candidate will have the following skills, qualifications, and characteristics:
- 8+ years proven experience in human resource management with a preference for the clean energy services sector
- Demonstrated commitment to and success in meaningfully advancing diversity, equity and inclusion in a corporate environment
- In-depth knowledge of human resource best practices
- Demonstrated leadership skills; preferably in fast moving and complex environments
- Ability to design and implement human resource solutions from the ground up
- Excellent inter-personal and conflict management skills
- Proven ability to recruit and build high performing teams in multiple jurisdictions
- Knowledge of human resource systems
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills; ability to communicate clearly and effectively with diverse audiences
- Self-starter who is passionate about creating lasting change in the energy transition
- Willingness to build something from the ground up
- Ability to take on new types of work, even without prior experience or direct supervision
- Comfort with ambiguity; ability to operate effectively in a changing context
- Well organized, systematic, and calm under pressure
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
The location is New York City, NY. In light of the ongoing global pandemic, remote work is expected until it is reasonably safe to reopen the Company Headquarters in New York City.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Convergent is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions, breastfeeding or reproductive health decisions), gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, personal appearance, genetic information, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, military or veteran status, or any other category protected under applicable U.S. law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements in the state or country where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to Legal@convergentep.com.
Salary: will vary based on a candidate’s experience but will be commensurate with comparable roles in the New York City market area.
Bonus: the candidate will be eligible for an uncapped, success-based bonus plan and team incentives.
Benefits: Convergent offers an attractive benefit package with excellent health care, retirement, and other services / plans.
Instructions for Applying:
Interested applicants should email a formal cover letter and a one-page resume to Ren Gaffney, at Legal@convergentep.com. Do not submit materials through LinkedIn. The interview process will be conducted via telephone and video conference on a rolling basis until a candidate is selected. Additional details on Convergent are available at our website at www.convergentep.com.